This recipe was originally from Brandie at The Country Cook.
1 Green Pepper, 1 Onion, 1 lb Ground Beef (I used ground round)
Stuffed Pepper Soup
Prep: 10 mins • Cook: 30 mins • Total: 30 mins
Yield: 6 • Calories: 339 kcal
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 large bell pepper diced
- 1 – 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 – 10 oz can tomato soup
- 1 – 14 oz can chicken broth or beef broth (or 2 cups beer)
- 2 cups cooked rice (cook 1 cup uncooked regular rice with 2 cups water while preparing veggies and meat)
- 1 T sugar (I omitted)
- 1 t garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- shredded cheddar cheese for topping
- In a large pot, brown and crumble ground beef along with diced green peppers and onion over medium-high heat.
- When meat is thoroughly cooked, drain excess grease from beef mixture.
- Put beef mixture back into pot.
- Add in diced tomatoes, chicken (or beef) broth and tomato soup (or tomato sauce).
- Give it all a good stir.
- Then add in rice.
- Stir again.
- Then stir in seasonings; sugar, garlic powder, salt & pepper (to taste).
- Cover and let soup simmer on low heat for about 30 minutes to let all the flavors blend. (The longer it simmers, the thicker it will get.)
- Serve with shredded cheddar cheese on top of each serving.
1 cup of uncooked rice plus 2 cups water will make 2 cups of cooked rice. Also, this recipe is ready immediately after preparing and warming.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 339 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15g 23%
Saturated Fat 5g 25%
Cholesterol 53mg 18%
Sodium 669mg 28%
Potassium 866mg 25%
Total Carbohydrates 32g 11%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Protein 16g 32%
Vitamin A 8.4%
Vitamin C 49.4%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.